Saturday 14 January 2017

p r o m i s e d 2 0 1 6

Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her! 
— Luke 1:45

Wow so another year has just passed by. And we are at the very last days of 2016. As I bid 2016 good bye, I would like to continue this tradition of making a final blog post of the year. So here goes. Well maybe a little too late since i've postponed this post for the longest time.

I stayed up last night thinking. This past year has been scattered for me. I find myself in places i've never been, unable to navigate my feelings and emotions. I would admit that I allowed my emotions and feelings for get the better of me so many times. So much grace was necessary especially towards the latter part of the year when Grandma passed away. I was a literal blur for the rest of the year.

But by God's grace and mercy He never left my side through it all. And even when i'm so far away from family, He has comforted me. Every night. Every time "I couldn't do it". Maybe you're thinking, "my grandma passed away" was probably the worst excuse to give for not being able to function optimumly. But sadly, it has left me a little disshevelled I would say. Even fending with school was hard.

But that is not what I came to talk about. I came to talk about how God's love overwhelmed me last night as I reflected. Looking how far i've actually been is surreal.

A few years ago, before embarking on pursuit of my degree, Jesus so tenderly and lovingly promised me that he will bring me through it all. By God's grace I am here today. He has pulled through when circumstances said otherwise. When finances was the biggest obstruction. Regardless. Jesus never breaks his promise. And over the years, i've learned more and more to believe. That i'm worthy of being promised to. Worthy of being loved. Worthy of the mercy and grace given.

So many days I don't feel that way. I feel like the biggest sinner on the planet. Yet even in those days God's unwavering love remains faithful.

And that is what makes me come undone. Totally undone.

With that, I am so ready for this new term. I will have my hardest classes this year. But I think this is where I have faith that I can attain wisdom and grace for the season. Jesus is, and always will be good. Regardless of my circumstances and my inadequacy.

Here is to another year of faith. A year of dismissing the feeling of unworthiness. Inadequacy. Because who am I kidding? I am in the hands of the bestest friend I know who happens to know very well how this world runs ;)

Here is to adventures with you, Jesus.






read my 2015 post here


1 comment:

  1. If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    Emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider placing it under the Blogroll section. Generally, the Blogroll section is on the right side, but this may vary. Following the Blogroll directions provides generally good directions. Thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete