Saturday 3 June 2017

grateful

Excuse the melodramatic post (the last one) but this one will be on an entirely different tangent.

I gathered all my strength to get on the plane - only to discover the shortest route coming home. I only had one transit home. It made me so happy.

My first week was full of uncertainties till I found out that an old classmate was in the exact same refinery plant as my internship! Somehow, over a span of 24 hours, everything fell into place. I went to my house on Sunday and my roommates were so easy to get along with, and they were totally okay with me hitching a ride every day since they took turns too. The house was, of course, nicer than expected too. Other than not getting sleep the first day, it was easy to adjust and get good sleep.

Also, being in an environment where so many interns are, is also so fun! We had gym days, buka-puasa and movie days. Naan days. We're all in different departments but we still have lunch breaks and what nots together. It is almost like camp tbh. Except we have cars and can pretty much do anything. (Of course, the money we earn is literally nothing.) After work too isn't the worst since i'm in a house with the girls. Not to mention the many people I have come to know. But that's not it. I got materials to study! And there is something about applying what you've studied, and actually doing a conversion that matters!!! The best part is that everyone is so like-minded. All the people speak pretty much the same language.

Gotta also admit I came home feeling, even more, admiration for my superman dad. Who does this (mundane 8-5 work days) day in day out for the family. Comes home on the weekends and still helps cook (he would cook extra nice dishes that I like), clean (I stopped being lazy and cleaned too) and do stuff he doesn't need to. He talks to my boyfriend and helps me pick out shirts for him. He gives me relationship advice. Like: taking me to the bank, spending on me, making sure I get everything I need, he made sure I got this internship - is there anything he hasn't done for me? He helps me see how blessed I am. Even after a week of work he'd rather spend his weekend hanging out and doing stuff than just chilling and lazing around. What a standard. What a man. What a way to live - I'm too much of a brat - he sure raised one very opinionated daughter - but yet seeks to understand. It is not even father's day yet, but this man needs to be celebrated. Every. Day.

Dad is the bomb. Always remember.

0 comments:

Post a Comment