Sunday 19 December 2010

Where I was the past few days ,



If I put Greater Things Conference 2010 as my title it would be so boring. Right?

So from the 16-19 December, Youth church & the Young adults came together for a conference. Half conference actually. What we did was projects to served into various committee. And yes, you may ask why conference. No camp one ah? It's only our second year doing conferences cause our leaders thought we should be doing more than just going for camps for our own spiritual need. Plus, the community needs us. the poor, refugees, orphans and etc. That way, we can bless others. And not be selfish. :)


You may be surprised, that some of us has never swept the floor, pick up rubbish & etc. some people. So yes, this conference made us step put of our comfort zones (where maids do everything), to serve others. :) Cool much?

So what did you do? This year, instead of teaching the kids, we had more of clean ups/paint stuff. I signed up for Oaks of Grace. It was on-the-spot-decision. I chose that because i thought we were cleaning up an old folks home. It also stated we had to paint walls.

Who knew briefings were so important? The day I came back from Kuching I came down with a fever. So i skipped church/briefing the next day. Apparently that day you got to choose whether you wanted to help paint or move stuff. I ended up in the Tamil school, which was the moving one. The painting part was actually murals. So what we did was cleaned the school, and prepared the classrooms for them to move in. We washed all the tables and chairs. Luckily they had only ten classes. But really. I didn't know they were primary school. And then I realized that most Chinese school are primary only. :O Stupid me. Oh, you should also know that Amanda's super cool. :) She clean super fast one. We had to wash, with soap & sponge all the chairs/tables. Which was not bad and actually fun. Although our feet ache like nothingggg. I don't mind doing it again :)

And, what I forgot to say in my testimony, (because i was too nervous) was that it actually was a blessing to be able to contribute a little bit in their moving process. Seeing their old place, and their land thats taken away, their inability to speak up for themselves. Moves me I guess. Can you imagine getting a notice that says you have to evict your house by a certain time, and the worst part is, you can't do anything about it. Hey, Indians have rights too Mr. Government. They were actually not encouraged to move by the residents because by moving they're letting go of their grounds and actually giving in. But their school flooded 13 times, yes. 13. Imagine that. Buying new things and starting all over thirteen times.

Whoaa. I think I wrote enough. Know that you're blessed. And your school/college, don't complain about it. I'll try not to at least. Welllll, pictures will come soon, & I have nothing else to say. 

So byeeee :)
Have a nice week ahead.

0 comments:

Post a Comment