Sunday 12 May 2013

#573, To the most beautiful person in my life.

Mom, No one defines beauty from how you look. But even if they did, I think you look beautiful inside out. You have the most beautiful soul ever, always giving and serving others. You gave up your successful career and chose to take care of us instead. When we know we've disappointed you, yet you still choose to look at the good things we have done instead.

To me, you have always been there for me. Specially when everyone is not. You will always tell me that everything will turn out fine, but even better- you always prayed for me. For every single one of my races, tests, not matter how small and of course exams. Be it a short prayer in the car or before my warm up; you are always there to remind me to be grateful for my success. Grateful to God. And I can never thank you enough.


You made this trip possible. And your persuasion to make us spend a little more for a family trip was worthwhile, as none of us could have imagined it would be our last family trip. For now till Kor and I get home. You spent hours poring over deals that are offered and you chose the best. So thanks to you, it was possible.


You and dad, drove all the way, to see me run in Kuantan even though you had something on the next day. You came to almost all  my races. If not; you would be praying. Mom, you're the only one that will care for my blisters, try to find a doctor, take me to clinics. And I know I haven't been healthy, first the leg cast, then the back problem. But you brought me through it all. You're the one that would hunt for energy bars before MSSS/MSSM throughout Subang. When you were fasting you came nevertheless. Don't even begin the countless times you've drove me to training, but you never complained. You made sure I was comfortable when I was away- buying me good food. Making sure I take my vitamins etc. 


I owe this award to you. For telling me not to give up in my PMR. Always encouraging me to pursue running no matter how many times I have called it quits. And yes, I have wanted to stop running countless times. You have reminded me how faithful God has been in my life and if He gave me the talents, He would make a way. True enough, thanks to you, I made it to SUKMA. 

Going down the road, I owe so much to you, Ma. But I wish I could have relived everything again, just because I feel I never thanked you enough. You are one of the kindest souls that will listen to all my complains, and pray for my problems. You stood by me when I had no friends, in a new school when everything changed, when I complained about teachers, coaches, teammates. Besides, you also never fail to remind me to always seek God in everything.


Honestly- I miss my best friend Ma, you. We would cry over tea the first few months Kor left. No one understands me quite as well as you. I miss having tea with you, going for coffee. Driving you guys out to eat. And I could go on and on... but;

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate

Proverbs 31




You are the most superbestfantasticfabulousbeautifulamazingkindwonderfulcaringlovingGodfearing mom one could ever have, and I should be so blessed to call you "Mom"

I love you, Happy Mother's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment