Saturday 10 March 2018

followers of?


Stumbled upon an article about Converts vs. Discipleship and realizing again what this walk really is. Def not a duck walk with little ducklings.
"Jesus doesn’t call everyone to leave everything every day. He calls us to be willing to give up everything at any point.
His call for each of us is different. He has uniquely gifted every person to carry out a unique and valuable function in His kingdom. While what we are called to may be unique, the call is an extreme standard: Jesus must be greater than everything else."
I think I struggle the most with my education. I think sometimes my education reigns above Jesus and who He is to me. I allow it to reign my mind, my worries, my thoughts and sadly, this dictates my life. I do not want to be Damaged Goods, but we are all damaged goods. (Side note: Transformation church has been such a blessing.) Frankly speaking, it is valid. My fears can be rationalized.

But who am I to say that I am entitled to even put what is no.1 above Jesus?

No. I want to live a life that reflects that Jesus is greater than everything else. I want to rise above the waves no matter how tall they may be. I want to remember that I want all of these.

pc: yougov

0 comments:

Post a Comment