Wednesday 5 June 2013

#578 Blessed abundantly,


Last week, during the Gawai weekend. I was blessed enough to have 5 whole days of holiday. No classes whatsoever. Even better yet, mid-semester tests were just over, besides IT. But considering everything, it was so pleasant to be able to take a breather.

After IT class at 6 I called Uncle, later he fetched me out for dinner with his family. Then we went back to a cousins house for a couple of hours. I did EMA.. to make sure someone was awake. Sharon was arriving at midnight. Unfortunately, she was delayed for hours. Literally, we came back home bt 2am. That leaves us only 2 hours to sleep. Left at 5, (that was supposed to be 4) Dead tired. Slept in the car the whole way. Till we reached the ferry, what a beautiful sunrise. Although the ride was short, I was super excited.

Day1-


Honked everyone and they all woke up when we reached! That was day one- gawai eve. 31st May. Quickly changed, helped around. Ate so so so so much. And slept for 6 whole hours, in the other house. No one disturbed me, the poor sick and tired girl.

That night, gawai eve. Stayed up doing EMA and when the music was too loud, I joined the adults who were drinking till Gawai. Went next door, where the adults moved too and drank my first taste of kampung beer lol. Not bad they bring Jack Daniels from town... which isn't as strong. Then, I played bowling, on the tab with Philemon which increasingly grew into a challenge AND PUSH-UPS as punishment. Uncle and dad joined hahahah so funny. Control Macho ttm. Slept at 2.

Day 2-
Woke up at 6 am to the neighbours karoake who... did not off it the whole night. No one knows if they sang through the night, but man. It. was. loud. Showered and etc. And then Rantai came when we were washing the dishes. Thats when our gang was complete. Raimus was already there. So on Gawai day, we got bored of people visiting and eating... we went to fetch Kor kor Ugene somewhere. And we set off. The guys brought me around Sebuyau.

First we went to the quarry which was "Private property" and restricted. Ngehe. No one was working.


Then, I requested to see my Grandfather's tombstone. The same place as my dear uncle; The late Mr. Jemat. Oh man, the road we used was kinda scary and steep down from the quarry. And the crevice of the bombing site where they get the stones from was.... lets just say I couldn't see the floor. But all was well, took a short walk to the graveyard. When we reached, we cleaned it up a bit. Went home, first to Raimus' place, then home. We all showered, cause it was a must for us after coming back from places like these. Soon, we just stayed around that evening. Ate alot. Visit some people. And then that night we wanted to watch a movie in the other house, but it didnt play. So we watched it in the main house, but the little kids hogged the place so me, Mus and Tai sat and talked, in the dark watching the movie from so far .__. But they guys were kind enough to update me about their love lives. ahhahaa, love them to bits.

Day 3-
Woke up and showered in cold freezing water. Mind you everybody was so pissed because we didn't have water. Only the water stored. Hence making washing dishes, showering and cleaning up very very difficult. Hmmmmm, what did I do. In the morning the guys went out. Leaving me behind to clean and clean. Then when they got back I watched a movie. And they left me behind. They all went to the ferry, thinking I was asleep :( Never mind, all is forgiven. Then, we showered, and at night I went over to the other house. We had a really deep talk about God. It was surreal, my cousins so passionate for Him too. This makes me overwhelmed. That night we went out to buy some fire cracker, through the quarry way. Zomg, this was a one time experience, 4 drunk guys suddenly drove behind us. And Mus quickly sped. Rantai was infront luckily. The guys chased us till  the shop house. But left soon enough. They asked Raimus a question but he just stared. We went our way- to look for an uncle who was lost. Thank God he made it safely home. Who knows how dangerous it could be roaming around at night. All the uncles were out searching for him. Made everyone worried. We decided to spent the night at my Aunt's place, Raimus' grandmother. We reached at around 1. Showered and talked till 2. When we finally went to the sofas, Rantai fell asleep lol. The nephew, man, he has good memory. We were talking about life, till I had no voice. No joke. It was his last night with us that night :'( It was also his birthday that night/next day.

3rd June
Day 4- Raimus' birthday.
Me and Tai rushed home the next day to go shower. Visiting the graveyard again. After what seemed like a lifetime of waiting for the ENTIRE family to be ready we set off. One lorry and one MPV. When we payed our respects, clearing up in the heat seemed like nothing. The overwhelming emotions seen by my cousins', aunty and daddy too. That made me almost break down. Both the late Aki and Uncle left at a very young age. :'( I remember so many things, but just talking about it makes me sad. When we wanted to leave, two things happened. The truck could not on. And one motocycle's chain snapped. 6 of us were stranded in the bus stop. Cousin and family went to visit their other side family's graveyard. We waited. Before going home, we dropped by the market to see if we could get any cake for Mus. Sadly, none was available. Bought icing instead and decided to ice his name on a layered cake. Finally got my chocolate to good use as we made it as frosting. We found a very decent marble cake to frost. It turned out like this.

With his mom and sister
Happy birthday to my one and only nephew! He left in tears that day back to base. Did I tell you he's in the army? Yea well, training to be one.

After he left, everything was rather gloomy. But nevertheless the endless karoake sessions and dancing ahhaha it was cool. People came over till midnight. We were all dead tired. No joke.

Day 5- 
the next day went by in a blur.
I went out visiting to take care of little Maxson.
Ferry ride home.
Uncle's new ride

Day 6- 
We all separated in the morning. They left at 8 am. We left at 10 am. Went back to Kuching, using Uncle's brand new Mitsubishi. Fuh, nice car. Had lunch with them and they dropped us at the house after some shopping. After that we went for a movie. Me tha and dad.








Love them to the bits, dropped me at hostel and they left for home the next morning.



Things I can never forget; 
the stars that light up the WHOLE skies. crystal clear.
late night talks with them cousins.Why I am blessed;
Without any preparation, everyone came back. Cousins far and near, besides kor and Tiff. From everywhere. It was one of the most complete gathering. Unplanned for. Got to meet all the dear ones.


ps/ will update with pictures real soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment