Sunday 21 February 2016

make your pitch!

wow hello again. I am here. I have to be honest, 99% of my posts never turn out to be what I planned to write about. Nevertheless, I post them anyway. so here I am again. and I am trying to figure out how to "make my pitch" for last minute internship applications - before you blame me for the procrastination - it is a weekend and it will not be seen till Sunday evening. so sit tight and read thanks.

so here I am. wow, just feeling so amazed and surprised that everything amounted to this. that everything amounted to a single piece of paper with all your qualifications on it (your résumé). how did we end up to be like this? how did humanity mutually agree that this single piece of paper should determine your career path, or to be more dramatic, your life. a career is no doubt a major life decision because it paves your life. having a career that makes one miserable can definitely make his or her life miserable altogether. so, tell me, how did we resort to this? I have always thought that life, today, is absolutely absurd. we study and work hard for a decade to get into a decent university. then, we slave even harder and pay fees that our parents can never afford. in return, we get a single sheet of paper in hopes of finding a dream job. so honestly, why does it have to be this way?

better yet, why do people who study business end up in engineering companies? why do people who are doctors, give the years of studying to paint? why do lawyers end up making music? so where do I fit in then? will I ever use my major? so many questions, yet I have never felt so demeaned, to have to want to make my pitch in hopes that someone will offer me an internship or better yet a job.

humans, maybe we should rethink what our system is made off. how does a single piece of paper control our lives? in the mean time, since this system has been running the world for a long, long time, I will cease with my absurd rants and live with the system - till I find one that works better.


why all these thoughts? I am so sure, I do not want a job that pays me well. I want to make my pitch, but not to multi million corporate companies who couldn't care more for the world's problems. I want to make my pitch, to this world, and the precious lives it holds. I want to make my pitch to the poor and hungry, the unloved and the ones searching for the real meaning in life.

oh well, I think it is time. to stop procrastinating.

till then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment