Friday 20 July 2012

Sukan Malaysia XV

So last week, from the 7th to 15th I was given the honour to compete in the Sukan Malaysia. Heh. Known as SUKMA. Honestly didn't take it seriously because I didn't know it was such a big deal. But let me tell you it is a big deal. Hahah, it was the last race for this season. And probably for a long time. But anyway, I roomed with Kahllin, AnnGie, & Savinder. :) It was really free and relaxing, but since we all had events I was pretty nervous throughout. My last event was on the last day. And can you believe I actually did Puan Khairiah's homework to calm my nerves? Well, I did. And studied of course. The meals served were breakfast, lunch and dinner only. GOT SUPER HUNGRY, I wanted eat 24/7 and totally felt like a pig honestly. HEH, but my race was good, for me, even though I didn't earn 12k OR get a gold/record, silver OR that cute elephant. I did my best. And even improved 0.66 from the finals. Considering the electronic timing. All Glory to God, who calmed me alllooooooot.

this is what i'm talking about.
Things I still ponder upon. I don't understand how Chia Jie can look at the time board *picture above* while running. And from there he paced very nicely. I think we both did well. They started training already. For next sukma. But well. I've decided to take one step at a time. SPM first. AND FAMILY.

Everyones been nagging that i'm normally away lately. With Jon leaving so soon I don't want to be away any more. Kinda disappointed he didn't come to see my race, but nevertheless. VERY GRATEFUL to my family, who drove to-and-fro in one day just to see my 1 minute race.




Feeling very blessed..

CF's second last meeting today. Feeling blessed I get to be a part of this years committee. Such a wonderful bunch of people that are there everyday Friday. No matter how bad your week has been. CF makes everything all better and suddenly, you feel so loved by God and friends around. :)

Really was an up point of my week since I felt pretty miserable throughout this week. When I blog, it's cause I feel either too happy or the opposite. Heh. This helps me count my blessings. And to appreciate family & friends that are always there for me. Just a quiet spot for self reflection I guess. Oh wells. Tuition soon.

TILL THEN.

ps/ tmr is gonne be awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment