Sunday 29 November 2015

IDEK

"hi jie I miss you so much! I wish you could come home. Anyways Happy B'Day! xoxo from, Sam"

so I can never re-read my birthday card without tearing up. Life away from home is..I don't even know. I am too caught up trying to distract myself, forget about home - but when it hits, it hits hard. I have questioned my place here in OU - so far away from home.

Home sounds good now. Home sounds homey. Home is wherever fam is. Thanksgiving may be hard, but I am eternally grateful for my five cheerleaders who are my biggest fans and will always support my dreams. So no matter where I am, I can still be thankful. Regardless of what I feel, today I choose to be thankful, for the roof on my head, food in my tummy and a chance to study.

I am more privileged than so many others, just by having these three things. I don't think life can be better.

I am talking too much, I shall leave.

***

HIGHS: 

  • I got to eat Asian food
  • With Fam
  • Watched the game with fam 
  • OU won OSU today (Play offs left now!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment